Beware old household wiring

Beware old household wiring

Beware old household wiring – don’t let a renovator’s dream turn into a nightmare!

When buying a home built before the 1980s it is imperative the wiring is checked by a licensed electrical inspector or registered electrical contractor prior to moving in.

Fire brigades respond to more than 300 domestic electrical fires each year. Many of these fires are caused by old wiring that has degraded or is unable to cope with the demands of modern electrical equipment, including flat screen televisions, air conditioners, computers and the charging of multiple devices.

Old wiring is dangerous and can kill

In addition to the risk of fire, contact with degraded old home wiring can be fatal.
For example, in 2010, a man died when he touched old split-metal conduit while installing an aerial in his roof space.

Don’t let this happen to you or your family.

If your house was built more than 30 years ago, the wiring should be checked. Get in touch with us today (Call to Action button) for a schedule an electrical inspection of your home or place of business.

No Comments

Post A Comment